View a list version of the Registration Calendar here or select Academic & Registration Deadlines or the desired quarter (Fall Registration Deadlines, Winter Registration Deadlines, etc.) from the categories below.
Download a printable 2018-19 and 2019-2020 academic calendar with holidays here.
Workshop: Child Care and Early Learning Advocacy
Come learn about the legislative process and how you can make a real difference for kids!
- Date: 01/10/2018 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Location: Syre Student Center, Room 107
237 W. Kellogg Rd.
Bellingham, Washington 98226
Whatcom Community College has teamed up with Child Care Aware to host this workshop on advocating for young children and their families. Guest speaker Ryan Pricco, director of policy and advocacy for Child Care Aware, is an experienced driver of change in this field.
What you can expect:
- A brief overview of the state legislative process
- An introduction to the 2018 legislative session and Washington's Child Care and Early Learning priorities
- Learn about many different ways you can engage in advocacy and plan for the 2018 Washington legislative session
- Information about the difference between advocacy and lobbying for public/non-profit employees
Early childhood educators and care providers will benefit from this session, as will students preparing for a career in this profession.