Media inquiries: For photos and other media resources, please contact the Public Information Office at 360.383.3310 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your interest!
Submit an item to the WCC time capsule by Dec. 8
Whatcom Community College is putting together a time capsule and we need you to participate! Students, faculty and staff are invited to drop off one item to be included in the College’s time capsule by Friday, Dec. 8. Drop-off locations are Foundation 205, Syre Student Center 208 or Health Professions Education Center 104. The student engineering club is developing the time capsule, which will be around 7 inches in diameter x 24 inches in length. A few tips for selecting your single item:
- Please fill out and submit the attached form with your item
- The time capsule will be opened 50 years from now
- We want to include as many items as possible, so keep your item compact
- You may want to work with your department to select one item as a group
- Think of items throughout Whatcom’s history
- Because organic materials like paper decay the fastest, you may want to select another material
- Not all items will be selected. Please indicate if you would like your item returned if not selected.
The exact plans for the time capsule are still being determined. Stay tuned for more information. Thank you for participating in WCC’s 50th anniversary!