Welcome to Whatcom's Cybersecurity Center. Whatcom Community College (WCC) has developed a Cybersecurity Center to provide access to Information Security and Information Assurance (IA) resources.
WCC is National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense
Confirming its stature as a national leader in cybersecurity education, Whatcom Community College was designated by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense 2-year education (CAE2Y) in 2014. Whatcom was among the first community colleges in the United States to earn this distinction, which recognizes colleges that are models of education and training in the information assurance field with curriculum mapped to the NSA’s latest requirements.
The College was initially named a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cybersecurity in 2011. This new designation, which extends through the 2021 academic year, follows an extensive review of Whatcom’s program by the NSA that confirms the curriculum meets stringent, new standards.
Please explore our website for resources and other cybersecurity information.
U.S. CERT Alerts
- TA18-141A: Side-Channel Vulnerability Variants 3a and 405/21/2018 3:54 p.m.
- TA18-106A: Russian State-Sponsored Cyber Actors Targeting Network Infrastructure Devices04/16/2018 12:25 p.m.
- TA18-086A: Brute Force Attacks Conducted by Cyber Actors 03/27/2018 5:00 p.m.
- TA18-074A: Russian Government Cyber Activity Targeting Energy and Other Critical Infrastructure Sectors03/15/2018 8:40 a.m.
- TA18-004A: Meltdown and Spectre Side-Channel Vulnerability Guidance01/04/2018 12:47 p.m.
- TA17-318B: HIDDEN COBRA – North Korean Trojan: Volgmer11/14/2017 1:00 p.m.
- TA17-318A: HIDDEN COBRA – North Korean Remote Administration Tool: FALLCHILL11/14/2017 12:09 p.m.
- TA17-293A: Advanced Persistent Threat Activity Targeting Energy and Other Critical Infrastructure Sectors10/20/2017 5:50 p.m.
- TA17-181A: Petya Ransomware 07/01/2017 12:41 a.m.
- TA17-164A: HIDDEN COBRA – North Korea’s DDoS Botnet Infrastructure06/13/2017 10:45 a.m.