Welcome to Whatcom's Cybersecurity Center. Whatcom Community College (WCC) has developed a Cybersecurity Center to provide access to Information Security and Information Assurance (IA) resources.
WCC is National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense
Confirming its stature as a national leader in cybersecurity education, Whatcom Community College was designated by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense 2-year education (CAE2Y) in 2014. Whatcom was among the first community colleges in the United States to earn this distinction, which recognizes colleges that are models of education and training in the information assurance field with curriculum mapped to the NSA’s latest requirements.
The College was initially named a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cybersecurity in 2011. This new designation, which extends through the 2021 academic year, follows an extensive review of Whatcom’s program by the NSA that confirms the curriculum meets stringent, new standards.
Please explore our website for resources and other cybersecurity information.
U.S. CERT Alerts
- TA17-293A: Advanced Persistent Threat Activity Targeting Energy and Other Critical Infrastructure Sectors10/20/2017 3:50 p.m.
- TA17-181A: Petya Ransomware 06/30/2017 10:41 p.m.
- TA17-164A: HIDDEN COBRA – North Korea’s DDoS Botnet Infrastructure06/13/2017 8:45 a.m.
- TA17-163A: CrashOverride Malware06/12/2017 2:44 p.m.
- TA17-156A: Reducing the Risk of SNMP Abuse06/05/2017 5:11 p.m.
- TA17-132A: Indicators Associated With WannaCry Ransomware05/12/2017 6:36 p.m.
- TA17-117A: Intrusions Affecting Multiple Victims Across Multiple Sectors04/27/2017 3:50 p.m.
- TA17-075A: HTTPS Interception Weakens TLS Security03/16/2017 5:40 a.m.
- TA16-336A: Avalanche (crimeware-as-a-service infrastructure)11/30/2016 9:00 p.m.
- TA16-288A: Heightened DDoS Threat Posed by Mirai and Other Botnets10/14/2016 4:59 p.m.