WCC is fortunate to have faculty, classified and exempt/professional employees who possess and exhibit outstanding qualities and who are committed to the success and future of the College. They are truly what makes this institution great and are deserving of recognition.
Whatcom Community College has established annual recognition awards for each of these three groups of College employees:
- Faculty (full-time and adjunct): Awarded in spring quarter at commencement.
- Classified staff: Awarded in fall quarter at All College Day.
- Exempt/Professional Staff: Awarded in winter quarter at Professional Development Day.
The Award for Faculty Excellence was established in 1987 for full-time faculty and in 1989 for adjunct (part-time) faculty to recognize truly outstanding accomplishments and exceptional individual scholastic achievements. The awards are designed to honor faculty members who demonstrate the highest levels of leadership, performance, and excellence in the pursuit of the College's academic and professional goals, and thereby, the fulfillment of its mission.
Annually, faculty, staff and students of Whatcom Community College nominate outstanding faculty members from the full-time and adjunct employees. The Professional Advisory Committee (PAC) reviews the applications and selects one full-time and one adjunct faculty member who are recognized during the spring commencement exercises.
- Online nomination is available at the following link: Faculty Excellence Online Nomination Form
- Link to a list of faculty who have been previously honored with this award
The Classified Excellence Award was initiated in 1989 to recognize classified staff excellence and acknowledge the contributions made by an exceptional staff member. This individual shows proven excellence in job-related duties, initiative in maintaining a positive atmosphere and provides support for colleagues and service to the College, creativity and outstanding service to students.
Annually, faculty, staff and students of Whatcom Community College nominate a classified employee. An ad hoc review committee reviews the applications and selects one candidate who is recognized during the fall All College Day program.
- Classified Staff Nomination Form
- Link to a list of current classified staff
- Link to a list of all classified staff who have been previously honored with this award
The Judy Hoover Award for Excellence was established in 2009 by the Whatcom Community College Foundation in honor of the exceptional contributions of former College exempt employee and Foundation Board Director, Judy Hoover. This award was created to acknowledge the outstanding accomplishments and exceptional individual achievements of the Whatcom's exempt/professional employees. The Judy Hoover Award for Excellence is to be bestowed annually to recognize the contributions of an individual in this employment designation who consistently demonstrates excellence in the work place and dedication to the College mission, and enhances the reputation of Whatcom Community College. This employee transcends the duties and responsibilities that are expected to be fulfilled throughout the normal course of employment.
Annually, faculty, staff and students of Whatcom Community College nominate an exempt/professional employee. An ad hoc review committee reviews the applications and selects one candidate who is recognized during the winter Professional Development Day program.
- Nomination applications are available at the following link: Judy Hoover Award (Exempt)
- Link to a list of current exempt/professional staff
- Link to a list of exempt/professional staff who have been previously honored with this award