The WCCF 2017-18 scholarship application opens January 25, 2017!
The WCC Foundation offers many scholarship opportunities to Whatcom Community College students ranging from $750 to $5,500 for full time students. This year we awarded over $300,000 to WCC students. Scholarships are awarded to students demonstrating academic achievement, personal growth, and/or contributions to fellow students, the College, or the community.
The General Application is the only application for all WCCF scholarships.
- Applications must be submitted by Monday February 27, 2017 at 11:59PM.
- There are 5 short essay questions (150 words or less). The essay questions help the application review committee get a sense of who you are and your future goals.
- Some scholarships have more specific criteria. By answering all questions on the Questionnaire tab of the application, you will ensure eligibility for all scholarships for which you are qualified.
- You will need to upload an unofficial copy of your latest transcript to the application. You can obtain this from your WCC account or check with an advisor.
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor, counselor, school administrator or employer will need to be uploaded to the application. Please plan ahead to obtain these letters to give the letter writer time to prepare a thoughtful letter.
- Utilize WCC’s Writing Center to help craft well written application essays.
- Proofread your essays and use spellcheck.
- Contact WCCF at email@example.com or 383-3320 if you have any questions along the way!
- Notification of scholarship awards are typically sent in May and June, with some additional award notifications sent over the summer.
- Notifications will be e-mailed to the address listed on your scholarship application. Be sure to update the Foundation with any email changes.
- WCCF Scholarship awards are typically disbursed at the start of fall quarter. If you need a summer quarter disbursement, contact the Foundation.