The WCCF 2017-18 scholarship application is available NOW through March 6, 2017!
The WCC Foundation offers many scholarship opportunities to Whatcom Community College students ranging from $750 to $5,500 for full time students. This year we awarded over $300,000 to WCC students. Scholarships are awarded to students demonstrating academic achievement, personal growth, and/or contributions to fellow students, the College, or the community.
The General Application is the only application for all WCCF scholarships. Students do not need to apply for for individual scholarships.
- Applications must be submitted by Monday March 6, 2017 at 11:59PM.
- There are 2 personal statements (150 words or less). These questions give reviewers a sense of who you are and your future goals. In addition, there are opportunities to address your volunteer, work, and extracurricular activities.
- We require one letter of recommendation, so please plan ahead and reach out to your recommender early to give them time to write a thoughtful letter.
- An unofficial copy of your latest transcript will need to be uploaded to the application. You can obtain this from your WCC account or check with an adviser.
- Utilize WCC’s Writing Center to help craft well written application essays.
- Use spell check, and be sure to re-read what you have written to make sure your responses are clear.
- Contact WCCF at firstname.lastname@example.org or 383-3320 if you have any questions along the way!
- Notification of scholarship awards are typically sent in May and June, with some additional award notifications sent over the summer.
- Notifications will be e-mailed to the address listed on your scholarship application. Be sure to update the Foundation with any email changes.
- WCCF Scholarship awards are typically disbursed at the start of fall quarter. If you need a summer quarter disbursement, contact the Foundation.