Apply online for 2019-20 WCCF scholarships January 16 through February 20, 2019
Apply for all WCC Foundation scholarships, and the SEECRS program, using the General Scholarship Application.
The WCC Foundation offers over $300,000 in scholarship opportunities to Whatcom Community College students. Awards typically range from $1,000 to $5,500 for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Who qualifies for WCC Foundation scholarships?
WCC Foundation scholarships are available to students who will attend Whatcom during the 2019-2020 academic year (Summer 2019—Spring 2020). While there are some scholarships with specific criteria, most of our awards are available to any student in good academic standing, including full and part time students, Running Start students, and international students. Last year around 70% of our applicants were offered a scholarship.
How do I apply for scholarships?
WCC Foundation offers over 80 individual scholarships in addition to our general scholarship fund. Students can apply for all these opportunities using the General Scholarship Application. The general application is the only application for WCCF scholarships. You do not need to research individual scholarships or apply for them individually—we do this part for you. We will contact you if we need additional information after you submit your application.
- There are three required essays (150 words or less). The essay questions help the application review committee get a sense of who you are and your future goals.
- You will need to upload an unofficial copy of your latest transcript to the application. You can obtain this from your WCC account or check with an advisor.
- One letter of recommendation is required. Please give your letter writer two weeks to prepare a thoughtful letter.
How do I get started?
The application for 2019-2020 WCC Foundation scholarships will open January 16. In the meantime, we recommend that you request a letter of recommendation and get started on your essay responses. These are the essay questions you will be asked to respond to in the application:
- Please describe why you decided to attend college and what your goals are for the future. (150 word maximum).
- In thinking about your life experiences, describe a meaningful or difficult experience you have had. What made it meaningful or difficult? How did it affect you? What did you learn? (150 word maximum).
- Please describe your commitments and activities beyond school. This could include work, family commitments, extracurricular activities, and involvement in community service. Some examples include participation in campus clubs, volunteering in your child's school, and other volunteer or work experience that demonstrates your work ethic and commitment to the community. (150 word maximum).
- Please list any honors or awards you have received. If you haven't received any, share what you consider your most significant accomplishment. (Optional; 150 word maximum).
Contact WCCF at email@example.com or 383-3320 if you have any questions along the way!
Whatcom Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation, genetic information or age in its programs and activities. WCC publications are available in alternate formats upon request.