WCCF 2017-18 scholarships
The application for 2017-18 WCC Foundation scholarships has closed. Applicants who are selected to receive a scholarship will hear from the Foundation via email beginning in May.
SEECRS scholarships for STEM students due April 3rd
WCC has a new opportunity for 12 students pursuing AS-T degrees in biology, chemistry, computer science, earth science, engineering, environmental science, geology, mathematics, and physics. STEM Excellence through Engagement in Collaboration, Research, and Scholarship (SEECRS) scholarship recipients will become part of a peer group working toward a STEM transfer degree. In addition to receiving a scholarship of $4,500-$6,700, SEECRS students will have a dedicated STEM academic adviser, a faculty mentor, access to paid summer research opportunities, and other benefits.
- Intent to transfer in one of the STEM disciplines with an AS-T degree
- Successful completion of intermediate algebra or placement into precalculus or higher
- Demonstrated financial need through financial aid eligibility
- U.S. citizen, national, or alien admitted as a refugee or alien admitted for permanent residence
- Full-time student status (12 or more credits per quarter)
- 3.00 GPA or above at WCC for current WCC students
- 3.00 GPA or above at high school or previous college for incoming WCC students
- Demonstrated potential for success in a STEM degree or career path
Click here to apply for SEECRS scholarships
Whatcom Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation, genetic information or age in its programs and activities. WCC publications are available in alternate formats upon request.