Upon successful completion of the criminal justice degree or certificate, graduates should be able to...
- Contrast the roles and responsibilities of the core criminal justice agencies within each of the three components of the criminal justice system.
- Formulate criminal justice responses to criminal behavior based on best practices, industry standards, legal and ethical considerations.
- Prepare written reports and documents relating to criminal justice.
- Identify the elements of common and major crimes defined within Title 9 and 9a of the Revised Code of Washington.
- Articulate the constitutional requirements associated with the enforcement of the statues contained within Title 9 and 9a of the Revised Code of Washington.
- Articulate best practices relating to community policing and law enforcement community relations.
- Manage a crime scene (e.g., identifying various forms of evidence; describing the proper methods for collecting, packaging, preserving and documenting evidence).