Applying to the massage practitioner program
For both the daytime (fall start) and evening (spring start) programs, selection is first come, first served for complete applications. The sooner a complete application is submitted, the more likely the applicant will be selected into the program. There are 18 spots available for each program.
Applications are open as follows:
- Spring 2017 start (evening program): Applications for the spring 2017 program will be accepted after Oct. 31, 2016; the application deadline is Feb. 9, 2017.
- Fall 2017 start (daytime program): Please check back later for application dates.
You must complete the following steps by the program application deadline to be considered for program acceptance:
STEP 1 - Apply to Whatcom Community College
Students must be enrolled at WCC and have an active student identification number (SID) in order to apply to the massage program and pay related fees. You must be at least 18 years old by the start of massage program classes to be accepted into the massage practitioner program.
Apply to WCC online or request a WCC application by email at email@example.com, by phone (360) 383-3001, or in person at the entry/advising office, LDC 116. Once you receive your SID number, proceed to STEP 2.
STEP 2 - Obtain and complete massage practitioner selective entry application forms
Download the Application for Selective Entry: Massage Practitioner Program or, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 360 383-3030.
STEP 3 - Pay application fee
Students must pay the application fee ($25) on or before the application deadline. If submitting payment by mail, include a completed application fee payment form (page 2 of the application).
STEP 4 - Submit massage practitioner application form and supporting materials by the application deadline
Submit the completed massage practitioner application form and all required supporting documentation in one complete packet. All materials must be received at the WCC Registration/Records Office by the deadline. Your packet should include:
- Completed Application Form with Experience/Education Summary
- Completed Application Checklist
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges where you earned credits that may apply to the massage practitioner program
- Three (3) completed Student Recommendation forms
- Three (3) completed Experience Verification forms
- Completed Health form
- Receipt for the $12 purchase of a Washington State Patrol background check through the WCC Business Office.
Background check information
Clinical placements, employment, and licensure in a healthcare field often require a background check. WCC will conduct a Washington State Patrol background check on massage practitioner applicants. Results of the background check will be given to the massage practitioner program coordinator. Students with a negative finding will be required to meet with the program coordinator prior to admittance to discuss possible options. Background check results for program applicants are considered valid for a period of six months only. Entrance and acceptance into the program is contingent upon background checks.