For more than 20 years, Turning Point has been helping participants identify their skills and strengths, set goals and find their next steps along a career path.
Workshops are available fall, winter and spring quarter. In friendly surroundings an individual can explore personal strengths and interests and learn how to present skills to current or prospective employers.
Career / Life planning support
Individuals learn, identify and build on:
- Personal skills & strengths
- Confidence & self-esteem
- Job market trends
- Job search skills (resume writing and interview techniques)
- Career, training, and employment opportunities
- Community resources
- Goal setting and action plans
If you think you may be interested in attending a workshop, ask yourself these questions:
- Am I struggling because of a life transition or lack of direction?
- Am I navigating a change in my personal or professional life?
- Do I know where to find resources to help me make decisions about my future?
- Am I ready to be empowered to change my results?
If your answer to these any of these questions is "yes," you are invited to attend a free workshop. Workshop includes a free, one hour Turning Point follow up, where Whatcom staff offer a Guided Pathways approach to identifying your strengths and next steps, at Whatcom Community College or beyond. Workshops are scheduled fall, winter and spring quarter.
Contact the Turning Point office for further information: (360) 383-3185.
|Sept. 15, 2018||Saturday
|| 8:30 a.m. -2:00 p.m.
Referral & support services
Turning Point staff has access to a wide variety of community resources and will actively direct anyone seeking information or help. Additionally, staff is able to help eligible individuals prepare an up-to-date resume, practice interviews, identify resources, or locate needed services.