Whatcom Community College's student ambassadors are the face of the College, and make an amazing first impression to prospective students, help new students acclimate, promote the College and campus events to current students, and provide a student perspective to the community.
Current Ambassador Bios
2018-2019 Student Life and Development Ambassador bios coming soon!
What duties are performed by the Student Ambassadors?
Student ambassadors build connections within Whatcom Community College, as well as the greater community and partners. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate daily operations in the Office of Student Life and Development
- Serve as Whatcom Wave (new student orientation) pod leaders
- Assist with the promotion of Student Life and Development activities and events
- Provide individual and group campus tours upon request
- Participate in WCC Outreach efforts to help increase attendance and student retention
- Represent the WCC student perspective at WCC Foundation events
- Participate in regular leadership trainings
What are the benefits of becoming a Student Ambassador?
- Develop valuable leadership and communication skills by attending workshops and conferences
- Enhance your transfer application or personal resume
- Make meaningful connections with prospective and new students by sharing your experience and knowledge of WCC
- Be a part of a dynamic team of student leaders by collaborating with the ASWCC and the Programming & Diversity Board
- Earn a paycheck
- Meet some new great friends!