NWAC Mission and Goal Statement
It is the mission of the Northwest Athletic Conference(NWAC) to foster athletic participation in an environment that
supports equitable opportunities for students consistent with the educational objectives of member colleges.
To this end, the NWAC will promote the importance of character, ethics and sportsmanship by:
• Teaching how to achieve individual success while contributing to the objective of a group.
• Supporting academic and athletic growth.
• Instilling a respect for diversity within the development of team.
• Promoting positive relations between the colleges and their communities.
• Teaching the importance of preparation and the balancing of an active schedule.
About Orca athletics
Intercollegiate athletics provides a variety of learning experiences for students and helps build pride and a sense of community for the College. Currently, WCC supports intercollegiate teams in three sports: men’s and women’s soccer, women’s volleyball and men’s and women’s basketball. All of the Orcas' home games are held in either the Pavilion gym or the Orca athletic field on campus.
Soccer and volleyball seasons begin in September and end in late November. Basketball begins in mid-November and runs through the end of February. A list of games can be found on the campus events calendar. WCC competes in the Northern Region of the Northwest Athletic Conference.
Character, competition, and community define the Whatcom Community College athletics program. Orca athletics puts students first and supports their success by connecting student athletes with the outstanding resources available at the College. To become part of the WCC athletics experience, contact the coach for specific program information or any of our athletics staff.