Are you ready for Wave Orientation?
Double-check your readiness by reviewing the following checklist:
- Apply to Whatcom Community College.
- Complete the FAFSA/WASFA or develop strategies to pay for your classes each quarter.
- Set up your MyWCC. Save your username, the password you create, and the Wi-Fi login instructions you receive.
- Check your WCC student email regularly.
- Work with an advisor to figure out your placement for Math and English courses.
- Register for classes in MyWCC.
Day of Wave:
- Plan for a half-day of activities:
- Each participant will receive a drawstring backpack and reusable water bottle.
- Bring a government-issued ID such as driver’s license, state identification card, or passport so that you can receive your Orca Card.
- Come prepared for any weather with sunscreen, comfortable shoes, and/or a coat.
- Bring a list of your textbooks so you can buy them at the bookstore!
Where do I go?
Park in any non-visitor labeled parking spot. Parking is free at Whatcom Community College. Head over to the Syre Student Center to check in and receive your welcome packet. Staff will direct you from there.
- Complete any remaining steps above by visiting the appropriate offices after your orientation session ends. This might include placement or financial aid next steps to be ready for your first day at WCC.
- Prepare to attend WCC’s Welcome Events hosted at the start of each quarter. View WCC’s Events Calendar for details.