Welcome to the Norma Stevens Testing Center. The Testing Center, located in Laidlaw Center 133, provides a quiet environment for faculty make-up exams, GED testing, and math and English placement testing. Proctored exams for community members are offered on a space available basis. Fees may apply. Photo ID is required for all testing.
Closures during Spring Quarter
To accommodate WCC final examinations, community proctored exams are not available in the Testing Center during the last week of each quarter. During finals week, all placement testing is by appointment only. Please call the Testing Center for service hours during academic breaks.
Faculty make-up exams
Current Whatcom students who have missed a course exam may be able to make up their exam in the Testing Center at their instructor's discretion and request. Students must make advanced arrangements with their instructors, arrive with enough time to complete their test(s), and bring photo ID. This is a free service for current WCC students.
Placement testing (math, English, and ESLA)
Students needing to take both the math and standard English placement tests can schedule a group testing appointment by calling 360.383.3080 or 360.383.3052. The Testing Center provides math placement testing on a drop in basis when group sessions are not available. Prospective Running Start students should contact the Running Start Office at 360.383.3123 or email@example.com for a testing appointment. For ESLA placement testing, please contact the Testing Center directly to schedule an appointment.
- Currently a $20 placement testing fee for first time Whatcom placement test(s) must be paid prior to testing at the Cashier's Office (Laidlaw Center 141).
- Testing fee forms are available in the Entry & Advising Center (Laidlaw Center 116) and the Testing Center (Laidlaw Center 133).
- Photo ID is required for all testing. No exceptions.
- Calculators are not permitted for the math placement test.
* Whatcom Community College accepts official Asset, Compass, and Accuplacer scores from other colleges for English and reading only. WCC also honors math and English placements from other Washington state community and technical colleges for up to one year from the date of testing, otherwise, assessments must be taken at WCC. A placement Reciprocity Form, along with official transcripts and/or placement results, must be submitted to the Placement Testing Coordinator to request placement.
Community proctored exams
Test proctoring services for non-Whatcom students are available on a limited basis. Contact the Testing Center for availability and fees.
Testing fees information
All testing fees must be paid in full at the Cashier's Window in Laidlaw Center 141 prior to testing. A receipt of payment is required to test. Testing fee forms are available in the Testing Center and Entry & Advising Center, located in Laidlaw Center 116. Please plan ahead by paying in advance, bringing your receipt, and presenting photo ID at check-in.